Dear Valued NUVIDA Clients,
Salon de NUVIDA is now ready to re-opening post COVID-19 closure.
We are reopening on coming Tuesday the 19th of May!!!
As we experience apprehension upon our return we want to ensure our team and clients feel confident and secure that we’ve taken the necessary measures to be safe.
The safety of our clients and team is our top priority, therefore we have implemented the following measures at NUVIDA that we have been given official guidelines from our BC Government (workSafeBC and PHO restart-guidelines).
• We have extended our business hours (private appointments are available)
• We have restricted scheduling and closed some of our stations to limit the
number of people (up to 6 clients) who can be in our space at one time.
• Cleaning and or/disinfection of all surfaces and implements between every clients.
• Laundering all capes and linens and dried at high heat. Every clients have new, clean linen that has been stored appropriately along with neck guards.
• Any non-essential items that could potentially transfer germs has been
removed. (Ie. Magazines, appointment reminder cards, etc). Complimentary WiFi is available for use and they may bring their own reading material.
• Ensuring the sanitation of payment machines between clients and encourage contactless payment when possible.
• Ensured our team has the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) to be used during services including masks, disposable gloves and face
• Discontinued the practice of handshaking and non-essential contact for the
• Waiting area is temporarily closed with no walk-ins.
• We have social distancing stickers on the floor to know where to comfortably
stand along with indicators on the floor.
• We have plexi-glass barriers sneeze guards at the front desk.
• Clear signage communicating our procedures to our clients.
• Scalp treatment spa have been halted for the time being to shorten the
• Pre-screening of our team members.
• If our team is experiencing any symptoms or feels sick, they will be asked to
stay home, and we will reschedule all their clients.
• We ask clients to wear disposable gloves when clients like to touch and shop our retail products (NO tester or samples are available).
Clients Arrival Procedure:
• We ask clients to wear a mask. We have disposable masks available at our sanitation station.
• We recommend arriving no earlier than five minutes before their appointment.
• We will either let you know you can come in or ask you to wait until their stylist has finished their previous clients and has had time to disinfect and sanitize their station.
• We are communicating with clients to please be patient if we are running
behind! Everyone’s hair is needing a bit more time than usual and we are taking extra measures to ensure everyone’s safety.
• We will ask you some pre-screening questions regarding any symptoms or
travel before entry.
• If you are experiencing any symptoms or feel unwell in any way, we ask that you reschedule you appointment as you may be asked to leave if our team feels they cannot confidently perform their service.
• We will ask you to wash their hands upon arrival or use hand sanitizer that will be provided.
• Once you have cleared the assessment and washed your hands then you will be directed to your stylist and their station.
• Jackets must be kept with them at their station. If it is out that it is recommended to leave their jacket in the car.
• Groups cannot come into the salon at one time. No friends or family are
permitted to join unless they have an appointment.
• We optionally offer Complete Private-Appointment (only your stylist and one client or the same group up to 2 in the salon) are also available. We consult your appointment by phone or email on the website.
• We will have a strict no-show policy as our schedule is limited. Cancellation fees will be waved at this time, however, if you do not arrive for your appointment without notice and we do not hear from you we will ask them to pay for this service in full when coming in for their next appointment.
Through these measures we feel confident that we can keep our team and our clients can enjoy an exceptional experience while remaining safe.
There is a lot of uncertainty, anxiety, and confusion in our industry at the moment. This is completely understandable. This is an unprecedented situation that we hope no business or individual needs to do in the future. Through these new procedures we hope to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 now and in the future.
If anyone wants support or wants to discuss ideas, we are available and happy to help. We know this is a very isolating time for everyone and connection is extremely important. Let us continue to support each other with positive feedback and input and problem solve together.